Although some dental procedures give you a cosmetic upgrade as a side benefit, did you know that cosmetic dentistry in Evansville, IN is a popular way to improve the look of your teeth? Changes to your teeth can drastically improve your smile - and your self-confidence! That’s why more people are seeking cosmetic dentists to straighten, whiten, and provide a more uniform look to their teeth.
Dentists wear many hats, from providing preventative care to restorative treatments. Some dentists also specialize in cosmetic dentistry, which requires knowledge about a vast number of treatments. How can you be sure your dentist is the right choice for your porcelain veneers, composite bonding, teeth whitening, or another cosmetic treatment?
Questions to Ask a Cosmetic Dentist
Schedule time to visit your dentist or call the dental office to find out the following:
- Do you have before and after photos of your previous patients?
- What kind of technology do you use (lasers, CAD/CAM, intraoral imaging)?
- Can you take care of my needs from start to finish or will I need to visit a specialist?
- Do you have any special help for people with dental anxiety (headphones, movies, sedation dentistry, etc.)?
- What happens if there’s a dental emergency?
Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
At your first appointment, your dentist will gather records for your treatment, which may include an examination, x-rays, impressions of your mouth, and visually reviewing what your results will look like. You might also meet with the office manager to discuss payment options and financing.
Discuss your questions with your cosmetic dentist, such as:
- How long will the process take?
- What materials will be used?
- What is the recovery time?
- What type of maintenance or special care is required?
- When will the procedure have to be repeated, if ever?
Taking advantage of cosmetic dentistry in Evansville, IN involves doing your research and feeling comfortable with your dentist. A relaxed, communicative environment goes a long way towards instilling confidence in your results. Call our office today at (812) 370-5911 to learn how we can help upgrade your smile!